Monday, June 30, 2008

Another Family Night And Other Thoughts




For family night tonight I decided that I wanted to include the boys in the cooking so we decided to make home-made pizzas!!! We let the boys decorate the pizzas however they wanted. As you can see Cayden loved to put the cheese in one spot and the olives in another. Logan was just throwing toppings all over the pizza! Anyway, Andi helped even out the cheese and then we threw it in the oven. I don't want to lie and say that it tasted good cause it didn't. I accidentally bought Imitation cheese instead of real cheese. I know, i need to pay more attention. So, I went back to the store and got real cheese for the 2nd pizza. It was much better!


After we made the pizza we sat the boys down with a bowl of ice cream and I gave a lesson on Temper Tantrums. They seemed to really like the story but we had to remind them not more than 3 minutes later to stop throwing a temper tantrum! HAHAHA! I guess that we will have to repeat this lesson a few more times! :)


I love to have family home evening! I never had it growing up but I really love to spend that special time with Logan. Logan will talk about the story for days and ask me to tell it to him again. I hope that he will like it when he gets older.


I am not sure why having fhe is so hard sometimes but it is. I have made it a priority to have fhe every week. I feel that it is so important to our family and I can feel the blessings of being obedient. When it comes to things like this (temple attendance, scripture reading, tithing, praying , etc) we can easily forget to do them. I know that my life has been blessed because I am making an effort daily to do these simple things. I have felt much more peace in my life as well as our marriage. It is hard to have a fight or get mad when you are constantly filling your day up with things that uplifting and spiritual.
OTHER THOUGHTS.......

This week in Relief Society we had a lesson about remembering our spiritual experiences and how we felt. It was amazing. The lady teaching the lesson asked us if any of us had ever met an apostle or a prophet and how we felt. Before I could even think about what I was doing my hand flew up! Right as she called on me I remembered a time when I met all 12 apostles.


Pat had just come home from his mission and wanted to go to the Joseph Smith Memorial Building to watch one of the shows there. I didn't want to go cause it was cold, I had a 6 week old baby, and I was tired. Doug talked me into going so off we went. Once we got there we found out that you had to buy tickets in advance so that idea was shot. I was mad. I was mad that I had come all this way with a newborn just for nothing. I wanted to go home. Well, Logan started to get hungry so then I got even madder. I had no idea where I was going to nurse him! So, I went to the 3rd floor and we found a secluded area with a chair in it. I fed him and then took him to the bathroom to change his diaper. I was still in a really fowl mood as I was walking back. Then I turned the corner and saw all 12 apostles talking with Doug and Pat! I couldn't believe it! I got to shake all of their hands and they all said that Logan was cute. I felt so much better and it was just because the spirit that they have with them on a daily basis. It was the weirdest thing to go from this fowl mood to the wonderful feelings that I could feel while we were around them.


I instantly felt guilty for being in such a bad mood. I was being so selfish and that is not how the savior would act. Seeing and being able to talk to the apostles was a very neat experience for me personally. I am grateful that I was able to experience something so powerful.


So, I told this to the whole relief society and I now know why my hand flew up before I could remember. It was so that I would remember. I needed to remember the feelings that I had that day. I need to remember all of the spiritual experiences that I have cause that is where your testimony comes from.


Anyway, this was just suppose to be a picture post with a few comments but it turned into a book! Sorry about that! Hope everyone is doing well!


ps. Erin, Isaac, and Bryce - We miss you guys SOOOOOOOO much!!! We wish you were here with us! Love you tons!




No comments: