Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Spiritual Impressions from reading the Book of Mormon

I was reading in 2Nephi tonight and I read the last verse of Chapter 32...9 But behold, I say unto you that ye must pray always, and not faint; that ye must not perform any thing unto the Lord save in the first place ye shall pray unto the Father in the name of Christ, that he will consecrate thy performance unto thee, that thy performance may be for the welfare of thy soul.... and it hit me very hard that I have not been praying enough.

Then as I was fixing dinner and reading another chapter as I was working, I kept thinking about that verse and some very strong impressions about our family came to me. I don't know what your praying habits are and I am not going to ask. But I felt impressed to invite you to join with Dad & I and Andi, Jennie, Cayden and Brooklyn to pray each night together as a family - at the same time whereever we are. Even if we are by ourselves...at the appointed time have a quick prayer whereever we are so that we are praying for each other together.

We want to make sure Cayden joins with us so we are going to pray at 8:00 pm each night. So in whatever time zone you are, please join us and think of each member of our family in your prayers. We all have issues and problems that only the Lord can help us solve. I think there will be great strength and power in a family prayer.

I love all of you and would have your lives be simple and easy. But that is obviously not going to happen. Our lives...as reflected in my last spiritual thought here in the blog...must have ordeals and challenges so that we can grow and mature our spiritual selves. Let's help each other to make strong steps towards that goal.

Love Mom

No comments: